Program and Capital Campaign
reaches milestone goal thanks to you!
Again, we could not have done this without our many donors who have endorsed our mission by generously supporting this milestone campaign. In addition, not only was this the first capital campaign in the agency’s history, but it was also one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences for all involved – bringing together donors, volunteers, staff and agency leadership. We’ve been saying that it does, in fact, “take a village” to make a true impact in our communities and in our case, it took the hearts and souls of many villages to help us continue providing critical services for older adults and their families.
While we continue to meet the challenges of the economy and the evolving complexity of needs of seniors, we know that we will always have all of you, right alongside us, helping to make this the best community to age well.
Thank you again for your generosity and for believing in Aging Care Connections. Now it’s time to celebrate! A formal closing event will be scheduled in the next month. Please watch your mailboxes for your invitation.
Program and Capital Campaign: Leading the commitment to aging well
Leading the commitment to aging well is Aging Care Connections’ response to expanding our outreach, sustaining our programs and addressing our facility needs to accommodate the ever-increasing demand for our services in the next 10 years. With a $1 million dollar goal, we’ve already received a lead gift of $200,000 through the generous support of our dear friend and advocate, Illinois Senator Christine Radogno. This means that we will need to raise the remainder of the $800,000 through a broad-based community campaign supported by individuals and community, corporate and foundation partners. The $1 million Campaign goal is broken out for you as follows:
$400,000 needed for client program sustainability and growth needs:
- Ensuring current services are delivered, while facing drastic cuts
- Enhancing our programs and services to prepare for the growing needs of older adults and their families in our communities who will need to turn to Aging Care Connections
- Strengthening our business and fundraising infrastructure to generate increased private funding to support our growing client base and programs/services
$600,000 needed for facility improvements to best serve older adults and their families:
- Improving accessibility, efficiency and optimum service delivery, including: a multi-purpose community room; new client intake and program service delivery rooms; a client records room; kitchen and restrooms; and other offices to best serve the increased needs of our clients
- Repairing our building to include an accessible entrance and ADA- compliant ramp; energy efficient features and additions; tuckpointing and installing awnings
We have had a rich history filled with serving thousands of older adults and families and have been a vital part of your community, celebrating growth and development with you for more than four decades. This new chapter in our organization has evolved dramatically over the last five years and this campaign, the latest step in our evolution, needs you more than ever.
Please join us in this important campaign by contacting Ken Grunke at 708-354-1323 for more information. We invite you to stop by Aging Care Connections to see firsthand the initial work that has been performed in the building and our plans for the remaining capital repairs over the coming months. Additional details and updates will be shared in our “Campaign Edition” newsletter in January, 2013.
We thank you again for your continued support, partnership and friendship.
Jerry J. Burjan, Chair
Dan C. Pancake, Honorary Chair